Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Have Yourself an Interactive Xmas

Well, as per usual I have come up with a class that will most likely drive me mad to teach!  I seem to have some sort of sad addiction to complex cards.  The new class schedule starts this week, along with my interactive xmas cards class on Friday.
My gal pal Val (I'm such the poet) gave me the inspiration for the exploding xmas card/decoration.  (She's the Bill to my Ted on our excellent craft shop adventures).


My 11 year old son Connor actually gave me the idea for the pop-up Santa card.  Last year he created a hilarious interactive card all by himself that featured Santa Claus going up and down the chimney, with his legs sticking out and a speech bubble coming out the side saying 'Help! Help! I'm stuck!!' Freakin' hilarious.  When I showed him my card he looked at me in outrage and yelled at me that I'd stolen his idea!  So I promised to put in a disclaimer ;)




The shaker card uses the Penny Black snow globe stamp and the Stampendous elf - sooo cute.  Secretly I just did it to justify my buying the stamps ;)  Maybe I'll use it again soon to do a layout about my snowglobe collection.....



Well, I don't have anything else exciting to add, except that I fell in love with a cat named Jingles yesterday, and daren't go back into the pet store for awhile in case I come out with an adorable furball stuffed down my jumper (hey, and I'm not a cat person per se - but this guy was hilarious, a total goof-ball, he'd fit right in around here.) Sigh.  I'll have to send Connor in for the crickets for a while until I come to my senses...no wait he'd be as bad as me, it'll have to be Dion ;)








6 comments:

Tina Connolly said...

Love the interactive cards you've done (and the story of your little man!) Where do you teach? (I'm located in Brisbane too)

Linda M said...

Hi ya gorgeous gal!!!
Love Love Love your cards - but you already knew that...
Make sure you check out my blog for the details of the Wicked Wonderland Cyber Crop!!!
YOU WILL LOVE IT xx
ps. hoping to come along to your card class - depends on how Pete is after his clot scare.

Tina Connolly said...

Hi Barb, Yes, I'm going to Jane's class on Monday. See you there

Linda M said...

Barb Barb Barb...
I said love, I said pet, I said love...
Just noticed you haven't signed up for the Wicked Wonderland CC...
Go and pop your name on the list petal!
http://www.scrappingoutback.com.au/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=74
Hugs'n'luv'n'all that stuff xx
;)

Just Made That Way said...

Hi Barb, Love the cards! I can't have you talking to yourself, so I'm a follower now :)
I recently started my blog.
www.Justmadethatway.blogspot.com
I hope to see you soon Rochelle x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The exploding Christmas card is lovely!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make me warm and fuzzy inside ;)