Friday, January 21, 2011

5 Fave Things Friday

Hey bloggers, I hope you are all surviving the floods that seemed to be determined to wash us all away at the moment, whenever it rains now you just can't help feeling that little bit scared that it's gonna happen all over again.
Fiona has teamed up with  a group called Heart Cards who are accepting donations of cards (Thank you & Blank Cards) to give to the victims of the flood so they may in turn thank the people who helped them. They were instrumental in doing the same thing in the Victorian Bushfire Crisis. If you would like to make some cards then please drop them in to the store and she will send them all off in one lot. If you would like to find out more you can check the group at http://heartcards.blogspot.com/  If you plan on making some cards just make sure you drop them off at the shop before February 20 so that we can get them out in time.
Anyway, I know I'm a bit late in the day but it's still Friday (for another 2 1/2 hrs ;) so it's time for this weeks 5 fave things:

1. Sherbet Birdie


 If you ever wondered about the portrait photo of me that is the banner for my blog (yes, that is me - it only took a few hrs and a ton of photo shop ;) well here you are.  Sherbet Birdie are the most fabulous group of gals, headed by the most lovely Sasha Dobies.  Sasha is such a lovely girl, when you go to have your photos done in her studio it's almost as much about the experience as it is about the photos.  She ply's you with champagne, mouth-watering morsels (cut small enough so as not to mess your lippy ;) your favourite chocolate and plays your favourite music while she transforms you into a saucy mumma!  (how does she know what are your faves?  She asks beforehand to make sure everything is perfect) Her team consists of a professional make-up artist and hair stylist and she has a great range of retro and vintage clothes, shoes and props for you to try for your look. Or you can take in your own.
She's based in Brisbane but also 'tours' the major cities so no-one missed out!  Click on this link to find out more.

2.  Twine

I finally received my twine in the mail that I ordered a couple of weeks ago, it's that classic red and white that I kept seeing everywhere and coveting, so I finally contacted a blog I follow and asked her where she got it.  I bought a 100m roll (over kill much) if you are interested you can get it in different colours and I got mine here.

3.  Crazy hats
 Look at those saucy eyes!  How is it that I do not own this hat???  Can't you just see me in either of these beauties? (I can see Kylie and Dion shaking their heads and muttering that there is no hope for me)  I can't remember at the mo where these pics came from, give me a day or so to track them down and I'll find out where they are from.

4. Retro
I was originally going to have a retro-themed Birthday party this year (in a couple of weeks - aargh) with fondue and crazy games but decided that there was too much happening at the moment, and really that I couldn't be bothered (sigh) so I think we shall have the oldie but a goodie moonlight picnic again.  I still may get that fab fondue kit I saw on ebay though...

5. Designer Woodgrain

I had been resisting buying this stamp for a while (for the life of me I can't remember why) and decided in a blinding flash of inspiration yesterday that I MUST have it and why don't I have it NOW!  Check out the cute card that was on the Hero Arts site - foxes are very popular at the moment - has the owl finally been replaced???

Well that's me!  I have my first UWA meeting tomorrow night  - a tad scared but very excited!  I shall post more about that next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me warm and fuzzy inside ;)