Sunday, November 06, 2011

A November Pledge

Hey there Bloggers.
As of late, I'm having a bit of a mojo problem.  For those that know me you can understand that the endless Days of Our Lives-esque drama that is my life is mostly responsible.
As you can imagine, it's hard to be creative when you are stressed out of your gourd.

However, as ever I am trying to focus on the positives (or at the very least distract myself with something else;) so I've decided to make a pledge this month (yes I know I'm 6 days into the month already but hey, better late than ever)  My pledge is a basically to make an effort to let those who inspire me and I appreciate KNOW IT!
Like most of you I have a few blogs that I follow and check out fairly regularly but (again probably like most of you ;) I don't always leave a comment.  How are these people supposed to know that I love their blogs or what they've made or done, unless I tell them?  So I'm going to tell them.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to leave comments on blogs, to connect with the people behind the computer screen. 
I'm not just going to restrict my gratitude to the cyber crafters but also just generally let people know that I appreciate what they do and let them know when they inspire me to create, or just inspire me in more personal ways.  So, join me, if you will, in a month (or more) of connecting with those around us, either phsyically or electronically ;)
And in that vein I'm going to commit to Blogging more, sharing the craft and basically, to use a crude-ism, pulling my finger out!! And after every post, as a bit of a sign off I'm going to urge you to check out one of the blogs that I follow ( a different one each post) and if I run out of favourite blogs, then I'll urge you to check out a link to something that I like, and if you love them as much as me, then LET THEM KNOW!!

So, check out Michelle Alynn Clement at Scissor Quirk.  A super fave of mine from Canada who does the most awesome and quirky illustrations, she then often translates them to Embroidery designs or even pencil cases and stuffed toys.  She has also designed some of the paper ranges for Sassafras Lass - the actual papers and embellishments themselves.  
And for those that love moustaches as much as me, I leave you with a picture of Mr Moustache - one of her creations that she makes and sells at her etsy site (and I had to buy ;) note: her etsy shop is on vacation at the moment while she goes back to studying - but hopefully will re-open soon ;)
Thanks for stopping by!

Source

2 comments:

Megan said...

I think that's a fabulous goal! Good luck spreading your gratitude!

Michelle Clement said...

Yay! Thanks so much for the sweet words, lovely. :) I'm pledging the same thing, myself - it feels awesome to give happy words back here and there, regularly! Happy day!

Post a Comment

Your comments make me warm and fuzzy inside ;)